29 Apr DyStar co-operates with SOFT for promotion of Green Fashion
20th April 2011, Navi Mumbai; DyStar, the total solution provider in the Textile Industry has pioneered a co-operation agreement with School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), Pune. With this agreement DyStar has taken a first step to promote the modern color communication techniques using the Color Solution International (CSI) tools to the future fashion designers.
CSI is a division of DyStar, which has pioneered the advances in color communication by providing retailers and brands with an accurate color standard that brings designers inspirations to reality and provides color consistency through out the textile supply chain. The CSI studio in Mumbai, which is one of its kinds, provides a platform to designers with world trends, colors and fashions starting from textile supply chain.
This agreement leads to innovative learning processes, which focus on Color, Eco and Quality solutions such as;
The seasonal collections and inspirations of CSI will be used by the students of SOFT to create their own designs and these new designs will be displayed in fashion shows.
The workshops planned for duration of 5 days gives a briefing on
- Color Trends & Color Communication
- Brief presentation on dyeing, finishing & different printing styles with practical demonstration
- Shade achievability on different substrates, related issues & solutions
- Color fastness with relevance to designs, substrate & end use with practical demonstration
- Understanding ecological aspects for retail industry
- Garment & Denim wash effects.
- Brand concept & brand requirements
‘The Consortium of Green Fashion‘ which focus on promotion of green fashion consists of various activities such as
- International Biennial Conference
- Journal Publication once in a two years & News letter Publication twice in a year.
- Exhibition of Green Fashion, a yearly activity that promotes Indian handloom
- Handicraft development as well as environment & fair fashion too,
- International Design competition with the title “Green Fashion” that encourages budding designers to think & practice the responsible/fair & environment friendly aspects of Fashion. (Starting with regionally percolating in a national & International Fashion stream).
- Regional round of Design Competition will be conducted with the responsibility of DyStar.
This development is expected to create waves in the world of Fashion Technology. Find out more about ‘The Consortium of Green Fashion‘.
Formed in 1995 as a specialist for the textile industry in textile coloration, DyStar has transformed itself into a solution provider. DyStar offers customers a complete range of auxiliaries, colorants and expert services. Our team of well-trained staff and modern service labs in major markets ensure that customers all over the world receive fast and expert technical service.
For more information on DyStar, visit us at www.dystar.com
The School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) was established in collaboration with the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) (Min. of Textiles), Govt. of India, by the reputed Maharshi Karve Stree Shikhan Samstha. SOFT is a key initiative in helping to identify young women with professional, managerial, technical and entrepreneurial aspirations, talent and determination and trigger them off to become excellent inspirational leaders in the fashion industry in India to meet the challenges of industrial competitiveness on a global plane. SOFT runs UG and PG diplomas in collaboration with NIFT and degree courses affiliated to S.N.D.T. Women’s University, an internationally recognized university with five star N.A.A.C. accreditation that certifies the degree as equivalent to those offered by international degree granting institutions.
DyStar India Private Limited
Plot No. R-855, TTC Industrial Area,
Navi Mumbai, Maharastra 400 701, India
DID: +91-22- 6141 9012
Fax: +91-22- 6141 9010